macbook air commercial song

macbook air commercial song, yael naim, new soul by yael naim, new soul yael naim, new soul lyrics, macbook air commercial


It's been a week since Apple unveiled the ultra-portable MacBook Air, time enough for the reviews to start coming in (many of them positive, but with major reservations -- see Baig, Levy, Mossberg, and Pogue).

In that time, you may also have spotted, once or twice during "Project Runway" or "American Idol," Apple's ad for the device, which is as clever as any Apple commercial I've seen and certainly sells the product -- though, to my mind, it actually makes you want to buy something else even more. Take a look and you'll see what I mean:

Right, it's that song! Apple's ads often feature memorable music -- well, except for the Black Eyed Peas era, about which the less said the better -- but this song's more enchanting than most. I wanted to know what it was the first time I saw the ad, at Macworld, and the few times I've spotted the commercial on TV, the music has lodged into my back-brain, and I've found myself thinking more about it than the MacBook Air.

The song is "New Soul," by the young French-Israeli singer Yael Naim. You can find it on the eponymous album she released last October (here's an iTunes Store link, and here's more on her from Wikipedia.)

And here's the music video. Forget the MacBook Air, just play Yael Naim.

No comments: