Proud to be an AMERICAN IDOL

proud to be an american, lee greenwood, proud to be an american lyrics, god bless the usa, god bless america, songs of 1984



If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life, And I had to start again with just my children and my wife, I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today, 'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away.

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee, Across the plains of Texas from sea to shining sea. From Detroit down to Houston and New York to L.A., There's pride in every American heart and it's time we stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A.

David Cook was, again, amazing with his FAR BETTER rendition of "Billie Jean". This guy is better than anything heard on Secular Radio in years. The no-doubt-about-it winner AGAIN for anyone who has taste.

Kristi Cook was, for the first time, deserving of a vote to stay alive. Picked a great song in "God Bless the USA". Gave what Simon and I agreed was by far her best peformance. Maybe she's finally woken up and can replace Brooke White as "chick with limited range who makes good decisions and makes it far."

As for the rest and my obligatory shots at Randy and Paula....

Michael Johns. Possibly the best-of-the-rest but 4 stars below Kristi and 50 below David Cook. Good song choice with Queen's "We are the Champions" but not a great performance. He does have "Star Potential" as Simon said, but it's more related to consistency and looks than tonight's effort. He's never been terrible.

Brooke White. The girl just isn't much of a singer. Great and smart song choice. Was fine the first half and then screwed up badly at the middle and at the end. As Simon said, she would have been better off staying minimalist and leaving the band out of it. She was REALLY laboring to stay with the band. It's not her forte.

Jacuzzi McFoozie: Forgetable. Average voice.

Squeegita Mercado: Forgetable. Lives in a musical ghetto of Whitney impressions. Probably the best voice technically, but not a performer. No imagination.

Ramiele: We'll start with a dose of capitalism. Who exactly would buy her records? Nobody. Claimed to be sick. Was off-key a few times. Has never connected with the audience. Sang a song by Heart, I think.

Jason Castro (Aka known as the Third-Millienium Vinnie Barbarino): Lack of intelligence apparent. Probably the weakest voice of the remaining contestants. I couldn't tell if he was singing some lyrics in Spanish or mumbling AGAIN. Randy cracked me up with "Waiting for a jump-out vocal from you". He isn't capable of jump-out vocals.

Now for the worst of the worst and one of the more putrid displays I've ever witnessed...

Frontrunner David "Future Serial Killer" Archaletta: The childhood flashback segment featuring his sick twisted stage parents was just revolting. I would have felt sorry for him but all my sympathy went to that poor girl who had to pose as his possible "prom date". Whatever the stage parents and the Mormon Church ponied up to get her to play along with the "David isn't a FLAMING HOMO" charade will no doubt go to future therapy sessions for the poor lass.

Simon was astute in guessing that little ghey David didn't actually pick the HORRIBLE song he attempted to "sing". His twisted parents have probably never let him make a decision on his own in his nightmare life. My guess is that Senator Harry (Scarecrow) Reid, David's biological father, picked it.

For two weeks in a row now the abused child who's parents have chained him to a piano for 12 hours per day his entire life was REALLY off-key several times. Vocally, he has gone from the top to the bottom of the heap. That just doesn't happen to singers as brutally trained as ghey David. He must have missed notes THAT badly on purpose. A cry for help.

As for performance, I SWEAR THIS IS TRUE, it reminded me of something you'd see at a Theme Park done by rejects from the "Up With People" tour alongside Theme Park "actors" in goofy Costumes. And that's pretty much exactly as Simon described it.

Unfortunately, he'll prolly stay alive and might even AGAIN win the popular vote. Freaking mormons with speed-dial capabilities!

===========
Artist: Lee Greenwood
Title: Proud To Be An American


If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

No comments: