Prayers to St. Joseph

st. joseph s day, st. joseph, march 19th, st joseph, zeppole, st joseph s day

"Saint Joseph was a just man, a tireless worker, the upright guardian of those entrusted to his care. May he always guard, protect and enlighten familes." - Pope John Paul II


St. Joseph has always held a special place in my heart. Perhaps it is because I am Italian and the feast of St. Joseph was a tradition in my family. Perhaps it is because I was baptized and confirmed in St. Joseph's Church and my first 9 years of education were at St. Joseph's school in Danbury, CT. Whatever the reason, I felt that St. Joseph was neglected, overshadowed by St. Patrick, who's feast is two days before and widely recognized. Therefore, I created this page as a labor of love, to honor St. Joseph and maybe enlighten more people to what a special Saint he is.

March 19, 2008: Joyous St. Joseph's Day! I just wanted to thank everyone who visits this site and shares their wonderful traditions


"Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my many sins; to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations; to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor the gifts I have received from God, to work methodically, peacefully, and in moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from it through weariness or difficulty to work; above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness, having unceasingly before my eyes death and the account I have to render of time lost, talents unused, good not done, and vain complacency in success, so baneful to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all to imitate thee, O patriarch St. Joseph! This shall be my motto for life and eternity."- Pope Pius IX

No comments: